Thread: Book thread/forum section

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Book thread/forum section

I really like the "essentials" books by Larry Connor too, and must also confess to having a soft spot for another American author, Kim Flottum. His recent Better Beekeeping is good because it is up to date and not aimed at the very beginner. Talks quite a lot about the economics of growing from hobbyist to something bigger.

I have become quite good at American terminology and taking what is relevant to the UK and ignoring some other stuff. Most of it is relevant I think.

I also like the American Bee Journal (on kindle) - don't know why but I prefer it to the uk ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Iveseenthings View Post
    I really like the "essentials" books by Larry Connor too, and must also confess to having a soft spot for another American author, Kim Flottum. His recent Better Beekeeping is good because it is up to date and not aimed at the very beginner. Talks quite a lot about the economics of growing from hobbyist to something bigger.

I have become quite good at American terminology and taking what is relevant to the UK and ignoring some other stuff. Most of it is relevant I think.

I also like the American Bee Journal (on kindle) - don't know why but I prefer it to the uk ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Agree with so much of this post..... do you get Kim Flottum's internet newsletter 'Catch the Buzz'?

http://home.ezezine.com/1636/1636-20...5.archive.html

An excellent source of bite-sized information to follow up at our leisure.

I could start an entire thread just on internet 'bee' newsletters written/edited by well informed writers and researchers.