Thread: Let's talk bee suits.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have about a dozen or more suits from various suppliers as I need to lend them out to the beginners on my beekeeping courses. I think BBwear take some beating although there are plenty of cheaper ones that are more than adequate. However, at the BBKA spring convention I invested in a ventilated jacket supplied by Maisemore. When I got it home I realised that it was grubby around the cuffs and had 2 small holes in the veil but notwithstanding that I have tried it a couple of times and it seems to be performing well, apart from being surprisingly heavy considering it's mostly holes. I am waiting for global warming to kick in now to see if it's any cooler than a standard suit.

In the old days, before global cooling arrived, I used to wear silk longjohns and vest under my BBwear all-in-one but for the last 3 or 4 years it's been woolly jumpers.

Rosie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    In the old days, before global cooling arrived, I used to wear silk longjohns and vest under my BBwear all-in-one
    Too much information!

http://www.bbwear.co.uk/acatalog/Suits.html
    Try the BBwear jacket they will make longer arms and body adjustments to size for no extra money.
    Clive (every which way but loose) swears by them
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 14-05-2012 at 10:08 PM.