Thread: New BIBBA website

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    I would have posted sooner but after reading mbc's post I was struck by a flying pig and rendered insensible
    DR, If you were able to sense the renewed enthusiasm in some districts for improving their local near-natives you would not be so surprised by mbc's comment. mbc lives in an area where many of the native bees were never compromised in the first place and they are into improvement in a big way. Here we are still sorting out the genetics of the background population but the enthusiasm of the locals is palpable.

Steve

And on the subject of II - I'm sure Galtee and anyone else who uses it (or is planning to do so ) sees it as a tool to complement a whole range of other techniques designed to breed for the selected traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    DR, If you were able to sense the renewed enthusiasm in some districts for improving their local near-natives you would not be so surprised by mbc's comment. mbc lives in an area where many of the native bees were never compromised in the first place and they are into improvement in a big way. Here we are still sorting out the genetics of the background population but the enthusiasm of the locals is palpable.

Steve
    Absolutely right Steve, not even remotely funny what am I thinking flying pigs
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 25-10-2013 at 11:02 PM.