Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SBA Centenary

Blog Entries

Default SBA Centenary

The SBA website has been updated with the details of the centenary celebrations. It looks like a great weekend . Anyone else thinking of going?

http://www.scottishbeekeepers.org.uk...Centenary.aspx

Blog Entries

Looks like a good programme, don't think much of that Dan Basterfield bloke though (I keed!) I saw a lecture by Keith De La Plane on IPM at the IBRA conference, he's an interesting speaker) I might have to see if I can make it up for this one, special occasion and all that.

Blog Entries

Will try and make the effort as well. Have to check out the quality of the Guinness in Stirling.

Four of us hope to go from our ass'n.Should be a good "doo".

Blog Entries

Short of actually booking anything yet I'm definitely intending to come. Pass arranged with the Mrs, I've learned over the past few years that If I want permission to go somewhere to do "bee things" all I have to do is invite her to come along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Will try and make the effort as well. Have to check out the quality of the Guinness in Stirling.
    Or Biberach/Riss are celebrating 125 years this year 21.4. and 22.04.2012 Scottish beekeepers are invited
    Or 19& 20 May 2012 Hörbranz-Leiblachtal in austria will also be 100, they love Scotland, Hörbranz has its own pipe band, and highland games every year...
    Next year ours will be 110 years old, there will not be a big party, certainly beers and a grill if anyone fancies it. Ryanair Edinburgh - Memmingen is an excellent connection...

The beer here is well worth checking out, the Guinness not so much.

Blog Entries

I recommend an SBA centenary tour of Germany taking in as many different Dunkel Biers as possible

Blog Entries

Simple questions before filling in the forms and trying to remember what a cheque book looks like:

Are people intending to do the dinner?

If people are staying, is there a preference on which hotel in best to choose? (I normally end up about a £50 taxi ride away from everyone else during these things).

Hi Nellie,

A few members from Helensburgh Association will be staying overnight even thought it is only a hours drive away. We plan to stay in the the Stirling conference centre where the event is also taking place. The SBA has organised a cheap rate with the conference centre and you have to quote the reference number when booking your room. I think the rate is £50 for a twin and £70 for a double/night. Most of the rooms if you look at the conference centre web site look as though they are doubles. The reason we are staying overnight is so that we can attend the meal/dance and have a drink

Blog Entries

Thanks Jimbo,

Think I'm going to book at the conference centre and take it from there.