Thread: First bees

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you so Much! A lovely lady on fb has just emailed me a care schedule they've received in front of their picking up nucs on the 16th. I'm beginning to relax again and be excited, we're building the frames now. I was so heart broken earlier. I'm going to print this out to keep me right.😊

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BethPotters View Post
    Thank you so Much! A lovely lady on fb has just emailed me a care schedule they've received in front of their picking up nucs on the 16th. I'm beginning to relax again and be excited, we're building the frames now. I was so heart broken earlier. I'm going to print this out to keep me right.��

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Hi Beth,
    I'm in Aberdeenshire, let me know if you need help getting ready for winter I will be very happy to show you what I do with my lot. The guy who taught me was never afraid to feed bees at any time of year and a lot at the end of the year (the bees will tell you what they want, if you listen!).
    Get hold of Practical Beekeeping by Clive De Bruyn it is in either the shire or city library (or maybe even both) and take his advice on how much honey you want to see (as a minimum) at any particular time of year, so if during your inspections you don't see what he says then feed, it is that easy.
    Good luck when your bees get to you, don't open them too often (everyone does when they first start).
    Roger

Thanks ever so much Roger. I'll look for that book, there's so much to learn that simple straight forward advice is great😊