Thread: Absconding from Apidea.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not knowing quite how many bees you have, I would say that if the queen is laying, and there's enough bees to cover some brood, then leave them be. As sealed brood will generate some heat by itself the laying area should gradually increase. I would put an excluder across the entrance - as has been suggested - to keep her in. I find queens and the girls abscond when it's a hot day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Not knowing quite how many bees you have, I would say that if the queen is laying, and there's enough bees to cover some brood, then leave them be. As sealed brood will generate some heat by itself the laying area should gradually increase. I would put an excluder across the entrance - as has been suggested - to keep her in. I find queens and the girls abscond when it's a hot day.
    OK thanks Ill do that.
    Yesterday I put a added a cup kit to a queen right hive, and made another queen-less, today I added the queen to the cup kit I will leave her in it for 24 hours if I have eggs I will transfer them to a cell bar and install it in the queen-less hive.
    and see what happens, I just keep the bees for a bit of fun and to see what I can learn. Nothing ventured nothing gained.