Thread: Moray thefts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    I was speechless when I saw that last night, so I said nothing ....

The great majority of the inhabitants of the forum are sensible enough to know that they can't break ribs and rupture kidneys with impunity. Folk who do that should be behind bars.
    You may do whatever is necessary to stop the person you've arrested leaving/resisting. If he didn't try to leave you could not use force, but as I said you are unlikely to encounter any criminal that will simply sit and wait for the police to come. The damage given to him matched exactly what I said I was trying to do, ie. breaking his grip on the car he was trying to escape in. He received no blows to the face or head. If you've ever tried to pull a 6'5" 30yr old male away from something be has a firm grip on you would understand why it is an approved technique to strike(usually under the armpit) I simply started at his kidneys and worked up. Yes I took the opportunity to hurt him more than necessary. I was an arrest and restraint instructor and I know several other ways to do it with less harm, but as a police officer I was not dealing (often) with people stealing "my" property. Those of you who criticise, should probably wait to see how much self control you exhibit when confronted with your own thieves
    The extra damage to your thief is optional, the advice to force the hand of the police by arresting him remains the same.
    Last edited by SDM; 11-09-2015 at 07:02 AM.