Thread: New research on colony collapse disorder

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Doris there has been some speculation that there are paid stooges on share dealing forums as markets are driven by positive or negative perceptions - a concept know as 'ramping' rather than shilling. An unscrupulous bunch of day traders could probably drive a share price up or down by a penny or two and make some gain from trading it.
    However.......................the idea that there are paid stooges on the various bee forums is one of the most preposterous things I have ever heard in my entire life. And if you had friends like mine you would have heard a lot of ridiculous stuff over the years. Getting your statement in quickly is self evident as a discussion moves quickly and you need to keep up. Good cop bad cop I have never noticed on a bee forum and racism and/or and sexism should not be tolerated in my opinion. I remember a poster making racist comments about 'thick set Irish' on beekeeping forum some time ago and I could not believe that the comment was allowed to stand. One of the most prominent anti pesticide people on the old bbka forum got banned for calling an American poster who disagreed with him 'a Colonial'. Racism is ugly wherever it rears its head.
    Last edited by Jon; 08-05-2012 at 05:59 PM.