Thread: Welcome!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gavin,

If you click the reply directly below the post or "reply to thread" at the bottom of the post then the forum gives you just the the simple quick reply box - one without most of the features.
    From there you can click "go advanced" and you get all the features including the smilies. You soon learn the shorthand for them all anyway

Forum vulnerabilities seem to be as common or more common in new releases of the software. Personally I don't like to hand hackers any more information than I need to.

Thanks for the recommendation on the books - I'll order them from Amazon later tonight

I've been watching a few videos from YouTube which have been great - its amazing how much more you can pick up from seeing something done rather than just reading about it.
    Lets try the forums ability to play external video:

It works

Cheers,
    Kev.

Blog Entries

Thanks Kev Smilies re-found!

Thanks for the video - she really should have a lid on that extractor for safety! We did have a YouTube video here in an earlier trial (Dr Who and the Alien bees!) but in a fit of tidying the earlier blether I cleared it away. That seems to be one advantage over earlier vBulletin versions, the ability to post videos.

Thanks for the comments on vulnerabilities - it is great to have a forum expert on board. I'll look into ways of changing it.

Gavin

Blog Entries

Forgot to mention that I absolutely agree with Gavin regarding choice of books. I have read many, but those two are streets ahead for simplicity and clarity.
    POPZ

Thanks both - just bough them both.
    For anyone looking for them:
    Bees at the Bottom of the Garden
    Guide to Bees and Honey

Kev.

Blog Entries

I got the honey handbook by Kim Flottam for christmas. I cannot recommend it - unless you are beekeeping in the USA!

Blog Entries

Welcome, Calum! Saw your blog - excellent to hear of your experiences in Germany. I've just emailed details of the forum to around 100 beekeepers in Scotland, so I'm hoping that we will have more along over the next few days.

Hi gavin thanks for the email,looks great , hope it takes off, will be good to talk scotish beekeeping,regards rourkie

Blog Entries

Kev - just had to butt in here. I may be a bit old fashioned but amazed at watching a video on the forum. I have not done that before, and it is a very interesting one. Thanks for that.
    POPZ