Hi Jon

Jon wrote:
Re Oxalic pennies dropping and 1999, Varoa did not arrive in N Ireland until 2002
.................................................. ....................................
The mite did not show up in the West Central belt until around the same time scale as your region. However, far-sighted beekeepers in the West of Scotland in 1999 were using the oxalic acid trickle method to confirm or deny that the European method was valid for the UK. At that time it was viewed as a prophylactic but proof was obtained from this early use that the bees could handle the acid without ill effects.
.................................................. .........................
Jon wrote:
Just noticed you already posted that 'long awaited' link over a week ago!
http://www.sbai.org.uk/sbai_forum/sh...ghlight=nosema
.................................................. .........................................
Yes, It was moved to another site despite the current thread incurring a lot of interest!
It is pity. I seemed to be the only one to realise the significance of the “synergism” postulation. This research is the first to make the synergistic link between a honey bee pathogen and imidacloprid.
The French work was carried out as a “peer review”, to confirm the work discussed at Apimondia, 2009, in the van Engelsdorp/Pettis interview for the French TV documentary, “The Strange Disappearance of the Bees”, in which these two highly respected American apicultural scientists state that they carried out a similar feeding regime on whole colonies and the colony bees just dwindled away!

Jon, I am sorry to have to say this but your veneer of neutrality is slipping by the minute.
I’d have thought, if you understood the content of the paper you would have been “Over the Moon” at the break- through and advocated as I have done elsewhere, that this pioneering work requires to be extensively examined and if the link between the neonicotinoids and honeybee pathogens is further confirmed, that these substances be banned from agricultural practice world wide. The French have had a ban on imidacloprid since 2000.
.................................................. ..................................
Jon wrote:
I hope you are not spamming.
We will need to ask Gav for one of those roundup ready threads if you are. http://www.sbai.org.uk/sbai_forum/sh...ghlight=nosema
.................................................. .................................................. ....
Putting links in your posts is "the real meaning of spamming in forum terms"
Jon, Bee my guest! Smacks more of “Bully beef”! You are picking on the wrong guy!
.................................................. ............................