Allow 10 days after emergence watch landing board for pollen going in and check.If no eggs allow another 5 days as I find I am usually a week out in my calculations its unlikely there will be a cast as I presume you only left 1 Q Cell Good luck
Quote Originally Posted by darlo View Post
Thanks Jon. They started to draw after 2 weeks, and then a week after that, I ended up doing an artificial swarm, which appeared to go well, however on the next inspection of the queened colony, I discovered a sealed queen cell, no old queen, and less bees. So I guess its fair to say, they swarmed. I didn't catch the swarm, but in the past week, have discovered a new colony in some old hives 100 yards away. Havent spotted the queen in there, so not 100% sure they are the swarm from my hive.

The origional quuenless hive, was left with queen cell, which was found emerged 8 days later. This is now 7 days after emergence (approx). Not sure whether the new queen has mated yet. The bees were flying around today fairly eratic, but it was a little windy, but starting to wonder if I will loose a cast from them?

Anyone have any suggestions as to how long this years virgins are taking to mate?