Thread: Healthy Bees Plan 11th Quarterly Newsletter

Default Healthy Bees Plan 11th Quarterly Newsletter

For all those who haven't already seen it please click the below link to view the July edition of the Healthy Bees Plan quarterly newsletter.

https://secure.fera.defra.gov.uk/bee...m?sectionid=41

Blog Entries

I know this is a shot in the dark and if it was for much else I'd be sending a warning about hit and run posts, but HealthybeesPlan, do you happen to drop by after posting these links?

For what it's worth I think the newsletter is worth a look, it's well presented and has some interesting information in it. I'm not entirely sure I agree with the advice on feeding, but I'm a 7 day inspection person so the thought of giving 5 litres of 2:1 syrup as an "emergency" strikes me as excessive. A reasonable sized colony with enough space will take any quantity of feed down "very quickly". Ive seen one of mine take a litre and a half out of a feeder in a couple of hours.

I agree with the reasoning, not necessarily the method.
    Last edited by Neils; 31-07-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Blog Entries

In case Nellie's comments are taken otherwise, I very much welcome posts by those in the system - whether they stay around for discussion or not. If I remember correctly I was asked before the first FERA post if this was OK, and it seemed like a great service to those reading the forum. Hit and run posts are welcome if they are about beekeeping and don't belittle anyone.

Blog Entries

Sorry my bad, I think the links are useful and I'm happy to see them being posted, I was just wondering whether the person/s who posts them actually lurked and/or was able to respond to comments/questions on the content.

Blog Entries

No, my bad! Make sure I buy you a pint in Stirling in September ....

You too Healthybeesplan if you are coming, whoever you are.