OK, I've been looking a bit harder.

Rosebay willowherb: some patches fully out, the great majority just starting with a few flowers out on the spikes, some will be much later.

Himalayan balsam: some in flower and may have been for a while, most patches seem late and hardly have a flower on them yet. I think that it depends on the nature of the site. Those beside rivers that flood have been held in check and will peak a lot later this year.

Ragwort: some of it has been out for ages but a lot is just coming into full flower now.

Lime: some trees just opening their first buds, others have been flowering for a while. Could be a good year but the weather isn't cooperating. Strong wind today will be keeping the bees at home, even if we aren't (for a change) suffering the rain hitting the west.

Brambles: full flower, the bees can't make much of them.

Clover: the best crops come from the pastures in the hills and I haven't had a good look at them.

Ling heather: as I wrote yesterday, it is going to be a late season and it will be well into August before the flowers are out.

If the heather doesn't come right we may be looking at another really poor season in Tayside.