Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
Give it a rest John. This is a beekeeping forum. Folk are welcome here if they use Nationals, Smiths, Langstroths, Polyhives, Warres, TBHs, Concrete block hives, tree trunk hives, straw skeps or folded recycled election propaganda. They can keep Buckfasts, Italians, Carnies, Caucasians, or ultra-pure Scottish native blacks. They can welcome or eschew all the latest chemical crutches for beekeeping. They can even support RNAi methods in beekeeping if they like. GM bees (not my cup of tea), Africanised bees, stingless bees. They can keep bees for fun, for honey, for profit, for loss, to pollinate their crops, for stinging therapy, or just to provide natural fertiliser for the garden. They can choose whatever means of transport they wish, they can vote for whatever political party takes their fancy. Sexual orientation not an issue. Religion. Believing in fairies at the bottom of the garden, little green men, alien abduction, chemtrails even. Gardening methodologies and philosophy. All OK with us .... until anyone tries ramming their own ideas down someone else's throat. *That* is an issue. So please, give it a rest.

G.
This section of the forum is Beekeeping and the Environment. This is my field of interst.
I have two hives on my farm, I have made and fixed Smith's and KTBs. We also have several species of bumblebees. Our AMM's have been carefully bred and protected for many generations. We are free of varroa, and most other threats except, I suppose, our latitude.
I will not 'give it a rest'. If I think I have something to say, I'll say it. If you don't like it , or can't manage it, just stay out of it.