Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sting Reactions

Trog in thr spring it,s quite difficult to get stung and you really Ned to give them a squeeze, so combine that with the sting in the palm of the hand there is not much of reaction. I did it for a few years and it seemed to reduce the reaction to the point where I hardly see anything even with an angry August sting.
    N I just found I was really clumsy with gloves perhaps that should be even more clumsy

Blog Entries

Just been stung on the knee. Not a full dose. Have applied Anthisan but not taken an antihistamine tablet this time. Want to see what happens .......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nemphlar View Post
    N I just found I was really clumsy with gloves perhaps that should be even more clumsy
    I agree, these are just about acceptable in terms of giving protection from stings whilst still allowing you to feel something. I much prefer working with nitrile gloves but I have to take priority for the time being.

Here's an entertaining blog telling the tale of allergic reactions
    http://www.beekeepingadvice.co.uk/20...to-bee-stings/

Blog Entries

Had to happen eventually, been about a year since I last got stung, but finally got stung on Sunday, right on the lip. Figured if there was a sting that I was likely to react to this would be it. After sitting around for a few minutes re-reading the epipen instructions having moved outside the allotment gates so the ambulance would be able to find me I eventually got bored and wandered off the other apiary to finish off the stuff I needed to do.

Is it too much to hope that last year was a one off? Despite being a good 'un and swelling up for a bit last night (localised on the lip only) I was pretty much back to normal this morning, only a couple of people commented on my Collagen job whereas last year prior to ending up in hospital I was stung on the face and looked like I'd done 10 rounds with Tyson for a good few days after.

Blog Entries

Your reaction last year must have been due to a bad pint in the bar.
    That's you properly back on the horse now.

Blog Entries

For the first few minutes of it last year that was exactly what I was thinking it probably was: "It's hot, you had a couple of pints last night, that's what it is..."

Blog Entries

Like I said - the bad pint is a terrible curse.

Blog Entries

I'll take the bad pint over the bad sting reaction if it's all the same

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Default Sting Reactions

Was told recently that non steroidal painkillers such as Ibobrufen can react against a bee sting in a bad way. It would account why my husband had such a bad reaction this year. Another time i told him to take an Ibobrufen to reduce the swelling😞 so now we know why that didn't work as he takes it daily.