Quote Originally Posted by Stromnessbees View Post
If the pesticide isn't in rather high concentrations, as it was in Britain and France when the big die-offs happened, the adult bee is not really affected.
I wonder where I was when that is supposed to have happened. No-one told my bees either that they were supposed to have died and similarly the BBKA couldn't convince them that they only had 10 years left to live. They are probably the strongest they have been since the introduction of varroa.

My own view is that, although I believe in and consume organic food, the threat to bees isn't Bayer but the people who move bees around the world, spreading disease, parasites and poorly adapted behavioural traits. They also divert public money and effort into fruitless research by exaggerated scare-mongering.

I can't say that I have time to pour over every paper that is published but when Dee Lusby even admits to having CCD when she operates in a natural desert and American researchers failed to find a link between losses and pesticide use then I think we should be looking elsewhere for the problem, if indeed a problem exists at all.

Gavin, please continue exactly as you have been doing as far as the forum management is concerned, and don't be persuaded otherwise. I wouldn't object to your advancing with utmost care though when it comes to introducing GM genetics to the environment - but that's a completely different topic.

And apologies to Trog for assuming she was cursed with the y chromosome. That's worse than being an engineer.

Rosie