Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: For readers of Beesource following Stromnessbees outburst

Blog Entries

Yeah, we're already there. If we're not careful the colony may collapse.

WILL IT ACCEPT CAPSLOCK EDITS i WONDER?

aHA ..... HOWLING AT THE MOON IS POSSIBLE IF YOU KNOW HOW.
    Last edited by gavin; 13-05-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Blog Entries

To boldly go where no forum has gone before, I canny hold back the dilithium crystals any more captain. She's gonna blow.

Orkney (it’s usually cool and windy but somehow the bees survive!)

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    I see that she posted the sugar conspiracy one at 3:24am, maybe there is a pattern emerging here?
    Wrong time Gavin you must have eaten some beet sugar and it's making you paranoid.

Blog Entries

Maybe you folk on Orkney are in another time zone.
    Or in some cases a parallel universe where danger lurks around every corner.

Blog Entries

Sorry folks, this isn't fair.

Doris posted an apology for the shenanigans and bringing in unrelated posts made elsewhere onto this forum to poke fun at isn't right.

Doris is entitled to her opinions and is entitled to express them, if she chooses to discuss them here that's fair enough. I think dragging unrelated discussions made on other groups and forums into this one, specifically to have a go at a member of this forum is out of line.

I've not checked Biobees but I can see that Doris also posted in the thread on Beesource. Doris has done what was requested and that should be taken with good grace, i don't believe part of that was conditional on her changing her opinions, merely that she retract what was said/implied about us on other internet forums outside this one.

Blog Entries

Ok. No harm intended. Just the usual banter. Sleep tight Doris.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post

Doris posted an apology.....

.....Doris has done what was requested and that should be taken with good grace, i don't believe part of that was conditional on her changing her opinions, merely that she retract what was said/implied about us on other internet forums outside this one.
    Just the sort of attitude (along with Gavin's earlier post) which makes me think that I made a good choice in joining this forum.

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post

Doris posted an apology for the shenanigans and bringing in unrelated posts made elsewhere onto this forum to poke fun at isn't right.
    Isn't that the nature of publishing, Nellie? If you publish - written, audio, or visual - you are open to be quoted, admired, referred to, poked fun with. We all do it all the time. Is Doris now exempt because she apologised (kind of) and because we generally appreciate her contributions to this forum?

As Jon said, it was 'banter' and good natured, as far as I can see (but English is my second language - I might have misunderstood something ...).

Blog Entries

I'm not going to argue this to be perfectly honest. But I will say this

The other thread, made on another board was quoted in here specifically to poke fun at Doris. If you want to say that's fair game then you want a different forum environment than I do and that's fair enough.

Are there ways that thread could have been quoted into here, in a relevant discussion, in an appropriate area? Yes, I dare say it could.

But this thread has run its course and it is starting to resemble a dog pile and that is not what this forum is supposed to be about. Take a look at some threads from about a year ago and have a look at the general atmosphere that results when people use the forum to air their personal grievances at each other.

I am done in this thread, I will keep an eye on it but I will not be posting anything else.

Senior Member Mellifera Crofter's Avatar
    Aberdeenshire, on top of a wind-swept and exposed hill.

Sorry - I just thought you were hard on the others who only bantered. I've not contributed to this thread at all until now. Yes, I agree - time to lock it up.
    Kitta