Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: For readers of Beesource following Stromnessbees outburst

Blog Entries

It's not uncommon if you reside on other forums, especially ones where "heated debate" takes place. It's more an insult than necessarily being meant to seriously imply that guy is actually being paid.

Proper shills are far more likely to be found on community review sites like Trip Advisor or even Amazon than a discussion forum. That one five star review when all the rest are rubbish or non existent? That's likely a shill posting, although its not entirely impossible that someone did just genuinely enjoy it that much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Doris, out of curiosity, where did you first come across that word shill?
    I think a lot of the problem has arisen from a misunderstanding of the word.I never use online dictionaries and think that Google translator will be the cause of world war three. I found shill in an old English/French dictionary and from there looked up the exact meaning of its French equivalent, *compère*. It is of American origin, and was used at fairgrounds to describe somebody who,undercover, worked in league with another to trick people. Nothing was mentioned about being paid, however in modern, neoliberal societies, it would seem that everyone is getting paid........................8-(((((

I think Doris's use of the word was accurate for what she thought was happening.
    Last edited by chris; 13-05-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries

It doesn't really matter whether or not she thought people were being paid. The accusation was there of connivance and conspiracies to reach a desired end by various means. She has said elsewhere on this forum that she no longer believes that to be true, so I'll take that together with her apology. However, an apology for using a term inappropriately isn't really a full apology. Do remember that she spammed her accusations across this forum and on two other beekeeping fora. That was unacceptable and hasn't been apologised for, but never mind - we all moved on some time ago. I'm not wanting more or expecting more (well, apart from her repeating the apology on biobees ... ), and am happy for Doris to continue posting here.

Blog Entries

The last thing I want is Doris to stop posting here. A late night splurge, even across forums, isnt the end of the world.

As for biobees, let it go, posting anything more on there with relation to this will only prove how Bayer or the illuminati or the bullingdon club, maybe the Vatican got to Doris. It achieves nothing. Uncle Phil can proclaim from the sanctimony of his own forum how he's banned from everywhere else and life will go on.

Blog Entries

Fair enough.

Blog Entries

Warning: The giant lizards have taken possession of nellie's mind. Ignore his posts. We are in peril.

EDIT:
    Hey, I made that post entirely in CAPSLOCK and the software corrected it to lower case. Proves my point!

Blog Entries

At least you remembered to hit the send button this time

Blog Entries

Yeah, they are messing with my mind as well. Life or death struggle.

-and I did really make that post entirely in CAPSLOCK. You must have some anti nutter option set up in the software to stop the ranters.

Blog Entries

Well i never knew that - or if i did i've forgotten. Is that why borderbeeman never posts here - the software somehow automatically deletes his posts with no human intervention?

PS How weird. So it does. Clever forum. Not that clever though, it also converted my upper case 'I' to lower case.

Blog Entries

It must be emasculating to lose control of the CAPSLOCK key when you want to howl at the moon.

Maybe the Phorid flies have got into the database and the forum will end up a hollow shell with sporadic twitching threads and inane comments which make no sense. Oops!