Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colony is alive!

Blog Entries

Who can tell with all those mysterious user names around! (I reckon that he's unusually busy at the moment and may be along later)

Blog Entries

Just taken a sneak peak. I think rumours of the demise of the swarm might be premature but I've not taken a peek inside.

I did suit up and take a very quick look inside mine, bonfires burning nearby do not constitute smoking the hive, when will I learn to do something properly or not at all?

But Bees across six seams and plenty of fondant to play with. They were out flying this afternoon but didn't see them bringing any pollen.

Mine were out in full force on the weekend, working the snowdrops enthusiastically - not much else around for them. Willow not even thinking about it yet, either.
    Out of interst, do snowdrops give nectar or only pollen?

Blog Entries

Hi Anne

They get a smidgen (technical term) of nectar as well as that nice yellow-orange pollen from snowdrop.

There is one site - close to our planned association apiary - which I drive past on a regular basis which has willow showing silvery catkins for a few weeks now. It is usually the first locally to open fully.

best wishes

Gavin

Blog Entries

Wish it was possible to post photos/videos direct, rather than having to go through another website (if I understand correctly?); I could add a lovely photo of one of my lot on the most sweetly-scented snowdrops I've ever encountered.

Blog Entries

Photos get lodged on the SBAi site. Just use that 'Insert Image' icon above the Reply box and you can upload (to the SBAi web server) from your computer. Videos are different in that you can't upload them, and need to put them somewhere on the web first.

G.

PS Lovely blog the other day. Did the talk go well?

Blog Entries

Well I clicked the insert image and it asked for the url of the image. Haven't a clue where to find that as the photo's somewhere on my computer. Told you I was a Trog-luddite!

The talk was fun - at least I enjoyed it and think the audience did. I'll know for sure if they invite me back next year!

Blog Entries

Hi Trog (not-luddite)

Your are in a Reply box ... just above is that Insert Image thing. Click it. Up pops a box which has two tabs above it, From Computer and From Internet. Choose the former. 'Add an image from your computer' it says. At the foot you have a 'Select files' box. Click it. You are now given a 'Browse' box to take you to the image file on your computer. Click 'Open', find the picture file, then you are back to a previous screen which allows you to 'Upload files'.

easy!

Gavin

Blog Entries

Nope! All I get is one box, no tabs, and asking me for url. Maybe you get a different box 'cos you're admin? Anyway I decided to try using the 'go advanced' button and attachment, and that has allowed me to do this:
    DSCN0080..jpg

Blog Entries

The default quick reply option has limited controls available, if you're trying to do something more advanced than just take the mickey out of Gavin then it's best to "Go Advanced" to get the full formatting options available to you.