Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Orcadian pesticide discussions

Blog Entries

I'm well versed in the notion that not agreeing with the neonicotinoid ban makes you in the employ of Bayer (can I work for Monsanto though they've got extra, extra evil!), but I'm somewhat at a loss to understand the link between capybaras and pesticides, less so the link to rafael nadal.

Maybe I should add shill services to the company website, give myself a stern talking to and revoke this years bonus.

Blog Entries

Monsanto give you a jetpack and an invisibility cloak when you point out 100 of borderbeeman's factual inexactitudes.

but I'm somewhat at a loss to understand the link between capybaras and pesticides, less so the link to rafael nadal.
    You like otters. I like capybaras. We have to keep our waterways clean.

Blog Entries

This is becoming surreal. Doris has cut and pasted every post on this thread onto the US bee forum Beesource claiming some kind of a massive conspiracy theory. Anyone interested in going round in circles for ever, fell free to click this link.

Blog Entries

Do I need to make a tin foil hat first?

I know not blindly accepting Neonics need banning makes you an employee of Bayer (they could at least have the decency to pay me money if I'm apparently their spokesman) but this is somewhat surreal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    Do I need to make a tin foil hat first?
    Better safe than sorry. There are a lot of dangerous chemicals out there which are deflected by tinfoil.

Orkney (it’s usually cool and windy but somehow the bees survive!)

Hello
    Apart from an occasional look it’s been a few months since I was last active on this forum. Last Friday, when I decided to catch up, I soon found that Doris had caused the **** to hit the fan! This is one argument I wish to stay out of but I do think it’s wrong to use the term Orcadian. Doris isn’t a native of Orkney and neither does she speak for all of Orkney’s beekeepers.
    Signed by an embarrassed Orkney beekeeper.
    Last edited by lindsay s; 06-05-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Sorry about that Lindsay - I should have thought a little longer about the title of the thread. There is quite a community of well-mannered beekeepers in Orkney and you can reach their discussion group by appropriate clicking in the 'Local Associations' area.