Thread: Bees please

Default Bees please

I have after 6years in the Highlands lost my bees this winter.
    I now need some more.
    Is there anywhere in Scotland that I can buy 2 colonies from, the people from Englandshire say its too far up here!!!
    I did explain to them we recently have got electricity.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that. I think it's been a tough winter for the girls - and not over yet. Roughly, where are you?

You have electricity! You mean you don't have to generate it yourself by putting the bees on a treadmill? Strange the attitude of that county to the south. My mother in law asked if we had somewhere we could go to buy meat!

Blog Entries

Hello Stwdv. Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it of some use. Ask plenty of questions and share your thoughts.

Sorry to hear about the losss of your colony(s), but you are not alone. I gather that it is becoming a rather familiar story up here this winter. Folk will be looking for bees! I am not the right person to answer your query about where you might get some more but I am sure you may get an answer later today, if there is one! Where in the Highlands do you live?

All the best - POPZ

Blog Entries

Hi Stwdv

Welcome from me too! I can make a suggestion which I'll do later by PM. Any idea what happened to your colonies? Winter losses are always a great way to learn something about what went wrong.

best wishes

Gavin