Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SBA Centenary

Blog Entries

I will be the fresh faced person arriving on the Sunday AM, when your all nursing you hang overs and sore feet from the dancin' - I am talking orders for cold IRN BRU ( or Lucozade for those not ingratiated with the local 'ginger' ). I will also be wearing my newly acquired Fab at Forty badge!

Blog Entries

I think I'll be fairly easy to spot.

I'll be the one without ginger hair, bagpipes nor wearing a kilt.

Blog Entries

The invasion begins...

Did anyone else forget to book the dinner tomorrow night or am I entertaining myself?

There's a chippie just down the road with a man who thinks he's Elvis

Blog Entries

Now I'm confused. Wasn't Elvis comparing the show? He did seem to have developed an Ayrshire accent and his pelvic thrusts have slowed down a bit, but it looked awfie like him!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HJBee View Post
    I will also be wearing my newly acquired Fab at Forty badge!
    Now I'm *very* confused! Wasn't there a twenty-something lady with lovely hair accompanying Ems at lunch today?

Blog Entries

Right folks, I just want to say what an excellent event all-round that was. Very well done to everyone who put it all together and everyone who put the effort in with the displays too. Some truly excellent stuff - superb speakers, very imaginative local association displays, great organisation, lovely to see all the trade stands, excellent happy atmosphere, great showing from BIBBA southern neighbours and those party animals from across the Irish Sea. Well done to the ladies from Kilbarchan. Well done Dan the Man (and thanks for the kind words on the forum), the brace of Roberts and a Keith. They all put smiles on our faces as well as inform and challenge. The bar staff seemed well-able to keep up with demand, despite at least some members of the forum putting away a most impressive amount of hootch. Hope that you all return safely.

Blog Entries

I agree, great weekend, excellent talks and great to put some faces to names.

I have no idea to whom you could be referring regarding the bar, I'm definitely not stood by one while I wait for my plane, honest.

Blog Entries

Well ..... I wasn't going to name those with amazing constitutions but you seemed to have outed yourself! Should have acknowledged all the SBA and SBAi forum members from far and wide, whether from Bristol, Lochaber and Argyll, Wester Ross, and who-knows-where. And, of course, your hair was lovely too Neil.

Blog Entries

It really was an excellent weekend and I enjoyed every minute of it......it just finished too quickly. The displays were great and it would be good if we could get pictures from the weekend loaded here as part creating some kind of record of the event. It was great to get to put a face to some of the SBAi personalities and to speak to those I had the opportunity to and would have liked the chance to catch up with others.

The speakers were exceptional and each one complemented the other. It was certainly well thought out. Everyone involved in organising this weekend certainly created a memorable event and something the Scottish bee keepers can be proud of.