Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I learned in my first year....

Hi Nellie,
    I like your posts on this thread. Definitely 5 stars. I like the one that you can never have a short conversaton about beekeeping!
    This is my first post on this forum after 1000 on another one which I think is rather excessive. Hello to all from Norfolk.

Adam

Blog Entries

I noticed that 1000 post achievement, Adam.

Did you once hear an old lady with a Scottish accent queuing in the Post Office behind you when you visited a village a few miles along the road? Great! You're in! Welcome ... (we've already had to declare Bristol an outpost of the Lothians)

G.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hi Nellie,
    I like your posts on this thread. Definitely 5 stars. I like the one that you can never have a short conversaton about beekeeping!
    This is my first post on this forum after 1000 on another one which I think is rather excessive. Hello to all from Norfolk.Adam
    Are you the Adam from Gorleston?? Excuse me if not, but I think we may have met before some time ago? on that other electronic bee discussion place. Whatever, welcome here and enjoy the rather odd company we all keep.
    POPZ

POPZ,
    Yes I am that man!
    I am sure that you're not all that odd!

Gavin, thanks for the welcome. We have a lot of scots here - oil and gas workers as we have direct flights to Aberdeen from Norwich every day. A few generations ago there were lots of scottish women who came down every year for the herring industry, so you never know, we might be related!

We are also used to scottish pound notes - they were commonly accepted around the town even when the 'English' ones were replaced by coins.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Gavin, thanks for the welcome. We have a lot of scots here - oil and gas workers as we have direct flights to Aberdeen from Norwich every day. A few generations ago there were lots of scottish women who came down every year for the herring industry, so you never know, we might be related!
    We are also used to scottish pound notes - they were commonly accepted around the town even when the 'English' ones were replaced by coins.
    Also those fiendish Fife seed potato growers who used to descend on us like vultures once we had taken delivery of a load. Hardly get the tarps of the load before they were there in their very smart cars wanting full payment! I used to go down to Yarmouth pier with my Mum to get a large basket of herring from the packing lasses in exchange for a bag of King Edwards. That was real food. (And not so many generations ago thank you!)

So, good to hear from you again Adam. Better stop blethering on this thread otherwise I will get my knuckles rapped by Himself.
    POPZ

Just north of Bennachie, in darkest Aberdeenshire

Excellent, amusing and informative thread, Nellie, thanks for the link; and thanks to all for the welcome on other threads too I can see that this forum will be a very worthwhile resource.

Dingus Magee