I hadn't actually intended to make set honey, but when I came to bottle both batches of honey this year I found a lot of granulation going on, something that a few people in the area also found.

I ended up restraining the honey and forcing the larger granules through sucessively finer meshes. One batch of honey as a result has gone to a lovely soft set texture, the other is still very liquid whilst still having the overall consistency of a set rather than a liquid honey, in some respects it is neither one thing nor the other.

Off the back of that I'm unsure what to do with it and a few people who've had jars of it have come back to ask if that's what it's supposed to be like. Quality wise, I'm fine with it, but it's not "right", it's neither set nor liquid at the moment and I don't really know what to do with it.

Do I just sit on it and wait for it to properly granulate?
Stick it outside to try and speed the process up?
Leave it as is, use it as gifts and just say don't worry about it?

I'm not that happy with the latter option. I want my honey to be seen as I do, i.e. it's a quality product better than the £2.50 (crystal clear, but flavourless) supermarket stuff, and as is, people question whether they got a duff jar.

Set honey seems to be out of favour generally, I remember having it as a Kid, but a lot of people just don't seem to know what to do with it.