Thread: Introductions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Introductions

Hi,
    I thought it would be good to have a thread where people can introduce themselves. So I will start with me!
    I grew up in Gairloch in Ross-Shire, after studying in England and Northern Ireland and some adventures further afield I settled down to live in south Germany.
    Been living in Lindau on the southern end of Lake Constance for about ten years now.

I started beekeeping in 2007 with 3 colonies that I bought for about 600 pounds (including the hives).
    That first year I got 110kg honey. After buying the rest of the gear you need when starting out, I broke even that year (in this area we sell honey for 4pounds /0,5kg & I used the local clubs honey extractor).

I moved on to 5 then 9 and now 16 colonies. I hope to sell about 10 colonies and build up over the summer to 18 colonies.

I am a member of the local club, it has 55 beekeepers with 520 hives, we are on of the smaller of 8 clubs in a 20 km radius.

oh yes and my name is Calum
    Last edited by Calum; 03-03-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: 1 correction + added info about local club