Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pollen substitute

I've decided to use crushed-up soya "mince" instead of flour (widely available). Assuming the packet is accurate, it has no additives and is made with low-fat soya flour, so the constituents are a good fit for the bees. Here's hoping ...

Kate

Blog Entries

Just gave my lot a small slice each of the ready-made stuff from Thorne's to try. They fell upon it with glee (though they're also bringing in the real thing when they can get out and about).

I have now found a link that gives me what I was after at http://www.oneon.co.uk/store/product...isolate_50.htm
    and I have ordered it. Was advised that body builders use the low or NIL fat soya - so that is the place to look. My physique would not gain anything at my age but here goes for some of my bees.
    OK.

Default Pollen replacement

Hi,

How did you get on with the flour? I have also been trying t source Soya flour. I notice that the stuff you found is Soy flour NOT Soya flour, does this make any difference?

Mark.

Just looked at it again and notice that it is 90% protein, is this correct? Seems very high.