Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: They do it differently down under

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I don't understand the attitude of trying to hide beehives from "The Authorities" there's no logic in that approach at all.
    I agree with that view and that the bee inspectors should have legal access to all hives.
    I keep very good records of my bees including treatments inspections going back many years and have been on bee diseases courses etc.

On the whole I believe in my fellow beekeepers and that they will do a good job with their bees.
    That has been the way of things for donkeys years.

However
    Like the cast of Dads Army there will always be the Frasers claiming were doomed
    and the Captain Mainwairings who want to be in charge of everything.
    The Pikes who need someone else to tell them what to do next
    The Private Walkers (the spiv) who take the shortcuts
    and Good old Godfrey who I hope I turn into eventually

The Enemy is nowhere to be seen
    In fact the enemy is only in their imaginings for all intents and purposes
    Lastly theres old Jonesy who cant wait to show them some cold steel.
    He still believes in Lord Kitchener despite his experience

Is beekeeping a bit like being given a part in Dads Army
    Probably

Blog Entries

That has to be one of the better posts from 2011! And on the second-last day of your SBA membership too?

I'd thought of getting you a 2012 subscription for your Christmas but decided I'm not that generous after all. What about the ESBA? There is a fellow on 9th Jan showing videos to illustrate some of the surprising things bees do to communicate. It gives a small window into their minds which can be either intriguing or unsettling depending on whether you regularly crunch some between boxes or not. Thankfully the speaker doesn't say a lot in this one, so if you find his voice irritating it doesn't matter too much.

Names, I want names! Private Fraser is obvious, though there could be a touch of the Jones about him too.

Which one am I?

Remember that non-members are very welcome here too ...

G.