Thread: Fact or Fiction?

Default Fact or Fiction?

I found this on a UK website.
    Are the claims a bit much? Some customers of mine swear that honey has helped them with allergies. However, are there real studies that can prove the health-giving properties of bee products?

"According to beekeeper C B and his wife S F, a nutrition consultant, the belief that honey enhances fertility and sexuality is one that is maintained today. Furthermore, research supports this claim.

"Pollen stimulates ovarian function in women trying to conceive," explains Susan who, together with C owns and operates Axxx Foods, a Norfolk company which provides bee products from their apiary of over 2 million bees.

"Put a woman who's struggling to conceive on bee pollen and you can pretty much guarantee a result within two or three months."

Susan attributes the high pregnancy rates to the properties in pollen which are supported by 'masses of research'. Several studies both in Europe and the US have researched the beneficial links between bee pollen and sexual health. Pollen has been shown to;

Restore and rejuvenate tired or ageing sex glands in both male and female. This is because it contains natural hormonal substances that stimulate and nourish the reproductive system.
    Increase sexual stamina and endurance
    Improve sexual dysfunction caused by prostatic disorders
    Stimulate ovarian function and increase the biological value of the egg
    Alleviate symptoms associated with PMS
    So is it any wonder then that some women are attributing their pregnancies to bee pollen? Susan doesn't think so. "I can't tell you how many women my Clive has got pregnant," she laughs.

As well as pollen, honey contains other beneficial properties that not only aid sexual and reproductive disorders but provide general health benefits for the whole body"

And before anyone asks the question, No I wasn't looking to enhance my wife's fertility (!), I got to the site from a link to do with beekeepers in Norfolk!

Adam

Blog Entries

Enhancing sexual this & that has always been a good seller. Does any of the mass of research have a reference?I would class it as a load of tosh, but then I'm way beyond reproduction, thank god.
    Last edited by chris; 24-10-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Hi
    if you put honey on your dangly bits it really does attract the ladies.
    But only the black and gold varieties...
    Thats a fact.