Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rather good, Dan!

There are lots of chemicals found in humans which don't belong there and might not be doing us any good.
    Here's one
    http://www.rense.com/general19/fih.htm

But the real threats come from disease lets say TB and malaria for instance.

If we had some parasite which drank our blood and was around the size of a hedgehog that one might command most of our attention.

So in bees Varroa need most attention then brood diseases then virus, then we can turn our attention to traces of chemicals.
    Perhaps that means we miss something important but you wouldn't stop in the middle of a busy motorway to tie your shoelace. Leaving it might trip you up but .....
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 03-10-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Field studies confirm harm from neonic pesticides

The video in the original post is spot on.

Here is another one about recent research from Purdue University:

Realistic field studies that show the dangers of neonic pesticides for our bees, as well as shocking new insights about pollution from talc used in the planting process of pesticide coated seeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25i6h...ure=plpp_video

What has the Defend-Neonics-Brigade to hold up against that? - More excuses and rubbishing of honest science?

Blog Entries

I read that report and made a post about it on bee-L a while back as there is a definite need to eliminate this risk to bees and other pollinators.
    The planter dust issue has been highlighted here many times and it is a big problem for bees as the dust is many thousands of times more toxic than the LD50 for honeybees.

Post 65 in this recent thread for example.

Planter dust caused the major bee die off incident incident in Germany in 2008 and has been implicated in the US where they seem to use more dangerous seed drilling techniques which are not clearly regulated. I am not aware of any incidents of this sort in the UK but maybe someone will correct me on that one.

Nothing new here at all but there is a strong need for regulation and fines for anyone caught flaunting regulations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK, we're back to neonickery and the distortion of science. So I'm moving this discussion to where it belongs. Perhaps I should have done that when the thread first appeared, but I'll do so now. G.
    Last edited by gavin; 06-06-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Blog Entries

I was under the impression that regulations had been changed as a result of what happened in Germany and that in the EU at least vacuum planters are no longer allowed to discharge air (and participles like excess seed coatings) into the air instead it's blown onto the soil. Not perfect by any means but less indiscriminate in its distribution than before.