Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glen Hive

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin_erra View Post
    Ok, so maybe i have a project ahead of me to custom build one using Smith measurements seeing as that is what i am currently using. I suppose basically it's just a double brood, but horizontally rather that vertically.
    how about 14"x12" frames and a broodbox + super fixed together with the super underneath

Along those lines. But was thinking of tacking 2 broods together giving me a 22 frame long hive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin_erra View Post
    Along those lines. But was thinking of tacking 2 broods together giving me a 22 frame long hive.
    I have the plans for Rob Dartington's long Deep hive somewhere I never got round to making one,
    You could borrow them if you like (and I can find them )

I have 2 old queen excluders and a crown board for a glen you can have, FREE!

FREE? Where are you?

Ooh, close.

I could collect the next time i have to go up to Inverness for work.

Just had a conversation with someone from Inverewe Gardens where they plan to introduce bees. They were thinking of Glen Hives though I may have desuaded them because of the inner and outer size.

But has anyone a Glen Hive to sell or loan to Inverewe?

Anderson published plans and people modded them as they saw fit. I have seen "Glens" and owned a couple many years ago now which took 15 frames and 20 frames so they were built with what people had to hand and to suit their strain of bee.

PH