Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
I saw the repeats on here I think.
LOL! Yes you did, but the repeats were the condensed versions. I'm cautious what I say now in case I'm accused of using the forum to air my own opinion too much, but the SBA lost a lot of respect in those years ... and at the same time polarised the membership. Some loved the muck-stirring, others bemoaned the lack of clear thought. It didn't have to be like that. It is time to shed the negative attitude and move ahead, informed and well-argued. I hope. However the business that caused me to resign was essentially more of the same. An inability to look at the facts and think about the reality rather than going on a gut reaction. And even going with a scientist going on gut reaction too, what a total nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Droney
Gavin for webmaster 1 vote(mine)
Yeah, thanks DL. I've made it plain that I'm not going back on the Executive while they are engaged in a wasteful and ill thought out venture with a scientist who doesn't know what he's doing. I prefer to be out and therefore free to criticise.

Feel free to advertise Bee Craft by the way. As long as it doesn't advertise imports My subscription lapsed and I don't miss it greatly.

DL you are absolutely right about the quality of the Scottish Beekeeper over time. It has had its ups and downs ... hopefully it is on the up again. That depends on a willingness to reject substandard stuff and encourage better-quality pieces.