Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beekeeping supplies

Blog Entries

You could throw more into the mix if you like. Giles Budge is talking about their random apiary survey and maybe we could entice a certain human neurobiologist along?!

I have paid £25 to see that, well, the Giles Budge part of it at least. And the other talks too.

Anyway, in the conflict you refer to I think the pen is mightier than the sword. Or something.

Click the link above for the full details but the talks are:

Giles Budge: Random Apiary Survey - What a Whopper!

Giles Budge: Recent Advances in the Understanding of Foul Brood

Terry Clare: Taking the Present into the Future (a talk on breeding)

Willies Robson: Reflections on Beekeeping with an Emphasis on Colony Survival.

£6.25 per talk ..... coffee, lunch, and tea amazingly all part of the deal. Trade stands.

Hurry hurry, tickets will not last now that they've been advertised on SBAi!

Blog Entries

Gavin: yes I know Power of The internet. Probably i could order frames and other bits and bobs there, but
    I spent tuesday night on buying another 2 nucs, then organising material for two new hives. As I am kind of skinned lately plus I want to do something on my own as thats good way of learning. (especially that every mm matters in terms of beespace. Yesterday I decided to use light weight gloves, not to use smoker and not to talk to bees when I wanted to rearrange those three new colonies. I was rewarded with several stings on my left hand and I cannot see single vain there anymore
    So i guess I'm not a virgin anymore.
    Thats why I was looking for something closer
    Anyhow - walls are made, top and bottom runners are routered - tomorrow I'll assemble hives.

Gavin,
    You on commission for selling tickets? Ben B is organising my ticket I better tell him to hurray before it is a sell out

Blog Entries

No commission, just a wee warm glow for being a good boy and flying the flag, not that the SBA has a flag that I know about.

We don't have Willies on offer, just one Willie (wee typo there).

Should be a good day though, and a great opportunity for folk to put names to faces with boyish good looks such as Jimbo! 5:57 on a Saturday? Are you another one of those people who lie awake in the morning thinking of bees?!

I'm a morning person but had to get up extra early to get to Fort William for our day trip on the Jacobite Steam Train to Mallaig (Hogwarts Express ) Can recommend the fish and chips from Jaffy's in Mallaig. Did see some colonies of bees though from the train window at Corpach just outside Fort Bill
    Last edited by Jimbo; 31-07-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Amazing how we tend to notice them, isn't it? I spotted some somewhere near Helensburgh from the Oban/Glasgow train ...

Default Supplies

If you can wait Thornes of Wragby have a winter sale when you spend over £100 you get free delivery------- save you a trip to fife.