Thread: Hush !

Exclamation Hush !

This forum has gone very quiet - bad weather stopped beekeeping ?.

Blog Entries

Or everybody too busy making up super frames for the nectar pouring in and shifting bees to the hills?! Activity on the forum always was a bit variable. Feel free to liven it up though John!

Blog Entries

And making up brood frames for yet another split! Thankfully our bees shift themselves to the hills - just over the garden wall!

Blog Entries

Bees have a June gap; internet beekeeping has a July gap?

Blog Entries

Spent last weekend harvesting. The wasps are trying to get into the hives so its over here.
    The varroa infestation is immense here, so I need to get my skates on and feed os I can treat them.

Bramble flow finished for me. I have one spare super - all the others are on the hives and are full; it's been a good year for honey for me - just the luck of the weather and thanks to the farmer who sowed OSR for me! I am not bragging as I now have a problem...
    Some clearer boards are on so I can take some supers off and empty them. I can then return them for cleaning and to give space in the hives so I can get some more off. I will have the problem that I won't have any spare supers to use as ekes for feeding. I guess I'll have to put cleaned super frames in cardboard boxes and seal them in bags so I've got supers available; then see if I can get some more.

I'm tempted to get some cheapies of ebay but I know they won't be as good as 'proper ones' from the good suppliers.