Thread: Api Life Var vs Apiguard vs (insert favourite non Pyrethoid Varroa Treatment)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Api Life Var vs Apiguard vs (insert favourite non Pyrethoid Varroa Treatment)

I've used Apiguard for the past couple of years because that was pretty much what i was told to use when I started but was starting to dig around a little bit more in terms of whether it was necessary the best and/or most effective treatment to use. So just interested in what people use as their Varroa treatment of choice.

This is the first year that we're starting to see colonies with DWV in the apiaries. My suspicion is that this is probably more a result of not treating with OA over winter on the basis of pre-winter mite counts looking low so I'm starting to rethink my strategy a bit and as part of that figured I'd ask around a little mre with regards to what people are currently using as an autumn/spring treatment and how they feel it compares to what they might have used before..

In terms of efficacy I'm satisfied with Apiguard but never one to sit on my backside when I could be questioning something and after 3 years use I'm open to the idea that maybe there's something else out there that might deliver similar (or better) results.
    Last edited by Neils; 15-06-2011 at 07:49 PM.