Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

Hello... my name's Dan and I'm here to get better...

Blog Entries

Hey Dan,good to see you find your way here.

Blog Entries

Welcome Dan the Man.

Do you really need to get better?! I have a feeling that we will be benefiting more than you ....

Thanks guys - too kind

Blog Entries

Welcome to the whole bunch of people who have signed up since I last said welcome. I'm glad that you're here and hope that you enjoy your stay.

Having been so comprehensively entertained by the Drone Ranger recently (even though I've been helping a beginner tonight with a dodgy swarmy Carnie stock which ultimately came from the Brechin-Forfar area!) I have to say that I'm particularly looking forward to getting to know tonight's new entrant, Dingus Magee. Haven't a clue who you are DM, but the the name sounds good already.

Just north of Bennachie, in darkest Aberdeenshire

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Welcome to the whole bunch of people who have signed up since I last said welcome. I'm glad that you're here and hope that you enjoy your stay.

Having been so comprehensively entertained by the Drone Ranger recently (even though I've been helping a beginner tonight with a dodgy swarmy Carnie stock which ultimately came from the Brechin-Forfar area!) I have to say that I'm particularly looking forward to getting to know tonight's new entrant, Dingus Magee. Haven't a clue who you are DM, but the the name sounds good already.

Hi there

First of all thank you very much for the warm welcome, as well as for the advice on another thread.

I loved the 'Dirty Dingus Magee' clip, Gavin, and have to say that I have neither heard of nor seen that movie. For me, the moniker 'Dingus Magee' came about as a CB radio 'handle' back in the early 80's! I seem to remember that it was the name of a character whom I identified with in a book that I'd started reading, but in those days, I spent a lot of time inebriated, so....? Anyway, thanks for posting that clip...I have downloaded it and aim to put it on my bushcraft forum profile

As mentioned in another post, I'm a 'newbee' to beekeeping and am looking forward to making a start as soon as is practical. Don't know whether it will be possible to have a colony started this season, but at least I have made the first moves...have been meaning to have a go at this for years!

Anyway...thats enough from me for now...I'd best 'bee' off

A'ra best,

Dirty Dingus Magee

Italian Carniolan AMM all Ghosts ?
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 31-07-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: In the interests of racial harmony between Carnie and Ammish

Blog Entries

Yeah, well, I should have left out the carnie bit, I admit. Even if they are swarmy little beggars. Those debates are for elsewhere, this place is to welcome people. In case I never said it DL: welcome! Greatly enjoy your posts, refreshing to see a different perspective and great to see it expressed with humour.

Hi . Exiled # Scot in Stoke on Trent, 4 xTBH, 2 x warre.. Mainly Carnies - fed up with swarms, moving to summat less swarmy..

# for heinous crimes like disliking whisky:-)

Blog Entries

How is it possible to dislike whisky?!! Oh well, I suppose that I have met people who don't like honey, or sunshine, the Amm honeybee, the Green Wing comedy programme or Miranda Richardson. Takes all kinds I guess.

There's an 'Alternative beekeeping' area down below if you'd like to tell us your impressions of TBHs, Warres and their relative merits. Popz on Mull was going to try a TBH but I don't know if it happened. He tends to go quiet in the whale-watching season. I thought that we might risk a Warre once the association apiary has (non-swarmy) bees to spare.

Welcome aboard Madasa (for short). Remember, those swarmy Carnies are like boomerangs! (Oops, said I should have left that out before .... )

And all the more shy new entrants, including the delightfully named Monty Stubble. I hope that you are real and not one of those Spam thingies!