Thread: Welcome!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Me too Jon, and still living in Dungannon. I am interested in bee keeping and find this forum to be very friendly and has lots of information to trawl through to learn more. have been viewing it on and off for most of a year now.

Blog Entries

You could join Mid Ulster Beekeepers Association. They meet at Loughry college on a Friday evening once per month.
    My father who is a member there keeps about ten colonies of bees. He lives on the main Coalisland Road about 4 miles out of Dungannon.

Where have you posted the photos?

I should join the MUBA but have just not take that next step, have not had much spare time over the past few years with other commitments. I have bought honey of a gentleman on the Coalisland rd. could have been your dad. I Know there are two Beekeepers in that area.

as for the photos I created an album on this forum and up loaded them there, however did not think they would immediately become viewable by all. I am not aware of any BK within 3-4 miles of me and am keen to spot any bees in my immediate area.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Williamtyrone View Post
    I Know there are two Beekeepers in that area.
    The other one is Ernie Waterson.
    He lives at the top of Flour Mill Hill and my parents live closer to the (ex) Metal Bridge.
    You will definitely have beekeepers within a 3-4 miles of you. There are quite a few in the area.
    You could contact a beekeeper called John Ross who would be helpful and point you in the right direction.
    He was on the queen rearing course we ran on behalf of NIHBS last summer and is a member of Mid Ulster Association.