A bit of both. My most isolated site is located on MOD land, however there are 3 other beekeepers still within flying distance. I have checked their bees to see how native they are and they are also in the range 75% to the best at 88% for Amm. This year a new beekeepers joined our association who was within my isolated site so I provided him with a nuc with a high percentage Amm queen. He is happy as he has got bees and I am happy as it gives me a bit of protection for my breeding site. I also try to improve the odds by getting more drones in the area so that I get a full mating if possible. I am after quality queens so a queen that mates say with up to 15 drones will be better than a queen that mates with only a few. If you look at the Gaultea setup they use a valley for their mating but have rings of protection around their valley. My aim is to increase the protection and to eventually get the Rosneath Peninsula back to where it was in 2007 where nearly all the colonies were near native Amm until the hybrid colonies were brought into the area mainly by the new beekeepers who did not know any better