Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you tell what it is yet?

No Eagles but a pair of Ospreys and a pair of Peregrines at one of my apairy sites

Blog Entries

I hope that you are not two-timing us with all this raptor talk Nellie? Bees are the thing, and raptors don't make honey - just remember that. OK, they may catch you a rabbit or two, but that hardly counts.

Ospreys and peregrines are worth a boast or two. Jimbo, I visited the apiary of a mutual acquaintance last summer and he had a family of goshawks squawking from trees nearby.

Oh, and a bee tree well to the west of here (a bit nearer you in fact) that has featured on another forum had damaged exposed comb which was ascribed to the local honey buzzard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    raptors don't make honey - just remember that.
    In Mexico the honey is always labelled 'miel de abeja' ie bee honey.

Never a man to let a tautological statement slip by without comment, I have enquired whether they have honey from any other creature such as a goat. I'll ask about the raptors next time I have the chance. 'miel de įguila' sounds good.

Blog Entries

Not yet, the raptors are definitely confined to "when i get that place in the country" and got enough on my plate with the bees, though his shed was refreshingly clear of huge piles of kit.