Page 379 of 379 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379
Results 3,781 to 3,782 of 3782

Thread: todays news

From the document that Pete highlighted:- "Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finnland, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands and Sweden joined together to finance the project, some of them with amounts quite above their proportional share of the total. Special thanks go to the French Beekeepers, who covered about 45% of the budget with money from the European Union’s Beekeeper Fund. In Italy apart from the beekeeper associations U.N.A. API also two bee science institutions made financial contributions to help the project. Although not a member of the European Union, Norway, on its own initiative, contributed a considerable amount.
    Unfortunately, several countries never responded to our repeated requests for financial participation (Great Britain, Greece, Luxembourg, Portugal, and Spain)"
    I guess that the BBKA was not well-funded at the time but you would have thought that either the BBKA, SBKA, FERA or the BFA would have helped a little bit?

I am sure that I have seen a study somewhere which indicates that the residues of OA in the hive are small quite soon after application?

Is this the paper you are thinking of?
    Spring treatment with oxalic acid in honeybee colonies as varroa control (1999)
    No major differences in OA levels in honey (statistically) before or after treating, but treatment was spray or trickle, not vaping.
    Last edited by Thymallus; 17-11-2017 at 02:17 PM.