Page 357 of 414 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Having read the thread on apideas absconding a few days ago.....low and behold I think one of mine did just that. Found a tiny swarm clinging to an apple tree. No bigger than my hand and with an unmarked queen in the middle. I have caught and stuck into another apidea. Not really sure what to do with it other than move to a new site and open it up again.

Weather was thundery so not checked which apidea is missing bees / queen.

Also split a lot of hives last few days but need to feed them as not much forage about and too high density of hives. They are in raiding mode as well. Any frames lying about the garden / sheds are getting hammered.

the answer GG is to get a copy of "Breeding Better Bees" (£234.75 on Amazon) wave it around with a bit of Shamanic chanting
    Ammm 🎵Ammm 🎵Ammm 🎵🎼
    Problem solved 🔔

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    the answer GG is to get a copy of "Breeding Better Bees" (£234.75 on Amazon) ...
    Wow! Thought you were kidding there but apparently not. Save yourself £226.75 by going to NBB.

Might see some of you in Aberdeen tomorrow where we can all do the chanting and dancing together. Rare appearance by one of the Mac Giolla Coda dynasty, should be good.

G.

Lol !
    I wondered w here you had gone Gavin
    best of luck with your get together
    weather is is to be fair and sunny
    Be careful you dont do a rain dance instead

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

What's happening in Aberdeen tomorrow then?! Is it a secret meeting for select SNHBS members?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    What's happening in Aberdeen tomorrow then?! Is it a secret meeting for select SNHBS members?!
    Lol! No, not one of our series of secret meetings but the Aberdeen and District Beekeeping Association's conference on Breeding Better Bees. Timely, ambitious, great speakers (I'm just a warm-up act ... ). Must dash .....

G.

How did I miss that this was happening?! Oh well have a great day and report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look on the bright side drumgerry (do you realise the spellcheck for your name corrects it to drudgery?) ... this is the first Saturday this season I've been free and on which the forecast is settled and good. I'd prefer to be beekeeping than sitting in a hall talking about beekeeping (though I've no doubt it'll be a good day).

I spoke in late March at a Welsh event - it was a really warm sunny day, perfect for a first inspection. Although the big audience seemed to enjoy themselves, I've no doubt that many of them would have realised the opportunity they were missing.

Time to get suited up ...

Sometimes Drudgery would be a more accurate username for me! It's definitely a day to be outside. Feels like swarmy weather here in Speyside

Hot as hell in a bee suit all afternoon, but good to see how things are progressing. Looks like swarming has finished here for a bit. Colonies seem to be settling down. Forage is now patchy, but stores levels are reasonable and none of the colonies were too tetchy.