Page 333 of 414 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Blog Entries

I'd managed to forget that I'd ordered one of these from Paynes in their winter sale:

And last night, rummaging deep in the foam chips in an unopened box, I managed to find it. Also the free sample of their Cottage Chutney :-) It isn't quite a Dadant but it looks good so Santa will have to think of something else. A Unimog, a purpose build modern extracting suite, a new back (!), something like that .....
    Last edited by gavin; 02-08-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Just wanted to say that I'm finding your posts very helpful, Murray. Was chatting with another forum member on the occasion of the two of us being interviewed for Radio Scotland's Out of Doors in Glen Clova and we agreed that it is great to see the reports from you on what's happening in the hills and beyond.

The piece might be used in next Saturday's broadcast and Mark Stephen has already put some video on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/bbc.out.of....2407891460940/
    Was great fun recording it Gavin. Apologies in advance for lack of AFB knowledge on my behalf....was a bit vague on some of my responses to Marks questions. Gav covered for me well though

Hopefully I don't come across as too much of an idiot ! I do hope they use the bit of us ripping into Manuka honey though...and the waggle dance app (tm).

Very end of seasonish feel to things today.............weather like mid September and a series of stormy autumn like lows expected to single northern UK out over the next 10 days or so. Wasps starting to hit the mating boxes hard at home base, and soon they will be untenable unless strong. Ho hum. The second mating unit having less issues so far and a really good success rate, better than the original place.

Off to the moors tomorrow afternoon to see if any progress and check advancement of the heather. Shifting almost finished....about 100 to go.

Placing the autumn syrup order next week...................

Quote Originally Posted by Calluna4u View Post
    Very end of seasonish feel to things today.............weather like mid September and a series of stormy autumn like lows expected to single northern UK out over the next 10 days or so. Wasps starting to hit the mating boxes hard at home base, and soon they will be untenable unless strong. Ho hum. The second mating unit having less issues so far and a really good success rate, better than the original place.

Off to the moors tomorrow afternoon to see if any progress and check advancement of the heather. Shifting almost finished....about 100 to go.

Placing the autumn syrup order next week...................
    Definite autumnal feel today up here. Anyone been out and about in Strathdon / Cockbridge area can give me heather updates - stupid car is in the garage so only moving hives this week.

Blog Entries

Some day Iam going to visit scotland just to see what its like in the highlands, the reason I dont go in summer is I have heard so much about midges. life is too short and Ive too little holidays but I will go. Its on my list of places to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengage View Post
    Some day Iam going to visit scotland just to see what its like in the highlands, the reason I dont go in summer is I have heard so much about midges. life is too short and Ive too little holidays but I will go. Its on my list of places to visit.
    Great plan Greengage. Midges usually appear in June or so come in May when everything's fresh and a there's multitude of different greens around? Come visit? We're a bit off the beaten track but all the more beautiful for that.

Blog Entries

Great a friend of mine just got a job in Duff town looks off the beaten track too so now I have to go and will go further North too.

Default todays news

Dufftown is just down the road and you don't get the midges like you get in the west
    Also full of whisky distilleries and one of my heather sites
    Should come next month as the SBA conference is in Elgin which is just up the road from Dufftown

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-08-2016 at 06:54 PM.

I'd managed to forget that I'd ordered one of these from Paynes in their winter sale:

And last night, rummaging deep in the foam chips in an unopened box, I managed to find it. Also the free sample of their Cottage Chutney :-) It isn't quite a Dadant but it looks good so Santa will have to think of something else. A Unimog, a purpose build modern extracting suite, a new back (!), something like that .....
    Those foam chips piss me off, we're supposed to be environmentally concious beekeepers for heavens sake! I have to say I think thornes do a better job of their packaging with the shredded cardboard, much more palatable to my mind.
    P's. Midges of any nationality piss me off, having been eaten alive by Scottish , Irish and Welsh mides, I'd say the Scottish ones are the more muscular.
    Last edited by mbc; 04-08-2016 at 09:17 AM.

... so Santa will have to think of something else. A Unimog ...
    Get one ... though perhaps tricky when searching for a parking spot outside Dundee methodist Hall for the ESBA meetings.