Page 312 of 414 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Better day today so some superficial checks on mini nucs and Paynes
    One Paynes nuc expired
    3 Kielers and one Apidea gone to heaven (possibly hell for the apidea)
    9 Keilers left mostly doubles

Spent a while with big bucket of hot water cleaning the dead outs
    Must say the Apidea was slightly easier to clean
    (If only they weren't so tasty to rodents and dear to buy)
    All 4 of the dead ones had food in the compartment but only one had any food in combs
    Even in a mild Winter it seems stores actually sealed in the combs is the only reliable food source

The double Keilers only have the 6 frame bars but the bees have been allowed to extend the frames down through the lower box
    That gives them a much bigger uninterrupted comb space

Empty ones are clean and dry now so they will be joining the rest in some rat/mouse proof storage boxes

New Mann Lake suit arrived and fits so that's one job done

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Drone Ranger View Post
    New Mann Lake suit arrived and fits so that's one job done

Was one job to join your local association? AGM coming up! And looking for mentors for beginners.

Good point I did join the SBA again so reeling from that £30
    I am not a qualified instructor and might be a bad influence on the new beekeepers
    Presumably FD its the ESBA
    when is your AGM ?

Blog Entries

Good point I did join the SBA again so reeling from that £30
    I am not a qualified instructor and might be a bad influence on the new beekeepers
    Presumably FD its the ESBA
    when is your AGM ?

7 March at 7:30. Watch out, we're still looking for a candidate for the new vice-president .

Whether or not you join (the £10 is quite some investment .. ) you are hereby invited to one of our summer meetings which will be to C4U's (and Jolanta's) queen mating operation. We haven't yet agreed a date but it is likely to be a Saturday in June or thereabouts. Bring W too if you like she'd be most welcome.

Thanks Gavin that sounds like a good day out
    £10 thats OK for the idle rich like yourself
    I will have to check the piggy bank

Does the Vice president get a big hat?
    hat.jpg
    Or maybe one of these
    images.jpeg

and do his family get a spear proof vest
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ew-Guinea.html

Does the Vice president get a big hat? and do his family get a spear proof vest
    [/url]
    DR - Any kind of hat you want and we can measure you up for a correx body armour top. But! I would not want you to be disappointed. E.S.B.A. are not as raucous a bunch as those PNG fellows and given that we hold the meeting in the Methodist hall then some of those activities described would be frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Feckless Drone View Post
    DR - Any kind of hat you want and we can measure you up for a correx body armour top. But! I would not want you to be disappointed. E.S.B.A. are not as raucous a bunch as those PNG fellows and given that we hold the meeting in the Methodist hall then some of those activities described would be frowned upon.
    I need Harry Potters invisibility cloak

Bees seem to be flying for 10 minutes to half an hour most days.The afternoons seem to be quite sunny with the temperature going up to about 10 deg for a while but the northerly wind soon puts paid to flying when the temperature drops rapidly.

Got to the apiary mid afternoon today. Sunny, calm. Sheltered spot. The air was humming with bees, not the droning noise of urgent cold-weather flying, but an upbeat foraging vibe. First time I've heard that sound this year. Within a few minutes I'd seen pollen going into 7 out of 8 hives, and what looked like a cohort of new bees orientating outside one of them. Lovely.