Page 310 of 414 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Blog Entries

I'm expecting a rainy Feb and March too .

The delay is thanks to being occupied on a gainful project in the darker months which is going to fund the next phase of bee empire building. Yup, I was made redundant about a year ago to the day and decided to go for it. Roughly a threefold increase in stocks in that awful summer last time. Could have been about fourfold in a better mating season. 9 overwintered last year (2014-2015) and 12 purchased from two forum members -> about 60 now. Fingers crossed of course. Hoping for another threefold increase this coming summer, with current plans for 90 full boxes and the rest in poly nucs for propagation and sale.

Your Tacwise, John, was great while it lasted (thanks!) but had a terminal jam in the nozzle that I couldn't fix and the new one seems much better behaved.

I recognise SDM's indoor painting and retreating to bed to hope they'll be dry in the morning. Before long I hope to use a friend's under-used garage to scale up a bit. One of my very kind bee hosts is planning building me a workshop and honey house before the season gets too advanced so things are looking good for the future.

Blog Entries

Good luck with the project, I see were having the first of our conferences over here this weekend in Ireland on native bees in Athlone looking forward to attending and listening and asking questions of bee keepers. When my stand dries i will post pictures of my token attempts at hive making and nuc buildiing, painted the stand two weeks ago with Tounge oil and its still not dry me suspects something is wrong it is now inside with temp increased to try and dry it out.

I think you will find Tung oil dries by oxidation similar to boiled linseed.I used to use it in the days when I made bespoke furniture for a living and clients wanted a "natural" finish.

Default An arm and a leg

If anyone is looking for a beekeeping training course in the Heathrow area then check this out ... and, if you're living in Scotland and are considering it you can also probably afford to fly down there in your LearJet for the day

I'll happily undercut their prices by, say 10%, if you're prefer to stay in Fife ... and who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    If anyone is looking for a beekeeping training course in the Heathrow area then check this out ... and, if you're living in Scotland and are considering it you can also probably afford to fly down there in your LearJet for the day

I'll happily undercut their prices by, say 10%, if you're prefer to stay in Fife ... and who wouldn't?
    must be a scam

Certainly the last line of my last post was

Blog Entries

looks like a bargain

Blog Entries

I could even discount those prices by 15% and provide sandwiches as well.
    I wonder are there enough people out there prepared to pay out money like that for a 1 day introduction course?
    Maybe in London but certainly not in NI or Fife!

They must be having a laugh
    I'll do it for 20% less, arrange a 3 course meal plus drinks for the participants.
    If they don't have a tutor lined up yet I'll do that as well ( if they pay me 2k per day plus my flights down)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I'll do all that and also give every course member a free nuc at the end of the day. After all, they will be fully equipped to manage a nuc by 5pm.
    Should still be in pocket by a few thousand.