Page 309 of 414 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Quote Originally Posted by SDM View Post
    I love my brad pusher, I sit making frames on my lap watching TV which keeps hands and wax a lot warmer.
    Its a fair bit quicker although you still need a hammer for the occasional one that won't push through a knot.
    Doesn't stop the odd thumb prick though.
    My pusher slipped one day and went though my thumb nail of the other hand
    I still use it but I'm a bit more careful now

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Thankfully I haven't yet found a way to puncture myself with the Tacwise electric nail gun but there are plenty of opportunities ahead before the season goes mental. I recently ordered 2,700 sheets of foundation, my best estimate for the season.

I made up ~250 frames last year and it nearly killed me.

Respect

Blog Entries

Haven't made one yet! Saving it for a rainy day .... or fortnight. After I get the boxes prepared and painted.

150 boxes to paint plus frames to assemble. I paint myself into the bedroom each night ( its a good job I'm single) hoping they're dry enough to move in the morning

IMG_20160123_223007.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Thankfully I haven't yet found a way to puncture myself with the Tacwise electric nail gun but there are plenty of opportunities ahead before the season goes mental. I recently ordered 2,700 sheets of foundation, my best estimate for the season.
    wow Gavin, thats alot of foundation.
    Enough for 135 colonies on 20 frames?? - Are you going full time beeking?
    For my nucs I started adding some frames with only half a sheet of foundation last year.
    Works quite well. - And since foundation is now 18€/kg here I will be doing it again this year!

I've already furnished ( put the boxes together, made up the frames, wired them and waxed them with homemade foundation) the lions share of 120 supers this winter.
    Nail guns for frame assembly are a great time saver, I still have a hammer and pins handy and always use a rampin for securing the top wedge. I'll soon be finished on supers and ready to move on to broods, the radio and plentiful cups of tea are my friends in the winter.
    Also oav'd my bees, over 200 of the buggers looking pretty good and potential survivors, fingers crossed, some on the light side so will be going with fondant for the next round, plus a slap and slurp of pollen sub and syrup for those on osr, starting mid month barring necessary checks after gales.

Glad the Tacwise is working for you Gavin , I just couldn't get good results with it. I much prefer my compressor and pneumatic brad gun. i can use pins and staples with this.

My Tacwise does staples as well ... which are the bizzo for putting together floors, split boards etc. And, although I prefer to screw and glue them together, I've used 35mm staples for boxes as well.

Gavin ... "saving it for a rainy day" ! ... ~200-300% of the 100 year average December rainfall in our area. How wet do you need it?

monthly_rainfall_2015-12_anomaly_1981-20101.jpg

I've developed syndactyly ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SDM View Post
    150 boxes to paint plus frames to assemble. I paint myself into the bedroom each night ( its a good job I'm single) hoping they're dry enough to move in the morning

IMG_20160123_223007.jpg
    Reminds me of those hoarding TV programs !