Page 304 of 414 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Exclamation

Just in case anyone is planning on a winter frame building binge (and have a nail gun) ... Amazon have a "Lightning Deal" on a mixed box of Tacwise nails that are in suitable sizes. 4000 in total (15-30mm) for a fiver. Usual price is £8-10 from the same source.

Blog Entries

Definitely a great price. My frame building is with Tacwise 180/20mm nails which are not in that pack. They're not in the Lightning deals but still available on Amazon via other retailers at £3.80 per 1000 which is still a good deal compared to rolling into a local DIY superstore.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Definitely a great price. My frame building is with Tacwise 180/20mm nails which are not in that pack. They're not in the Lightning deals but still available on Amazon via other retailers at £3.80 per 1000 which is still a good deal compared to rolling into a local DIY superstore.
    Nailfast in Dundee. take in a copy of the internet offer for what you use with you, and they have invariably had a word in the office and come out and beaten the price. They only do collated or coiled nails for machine use. No boxes of individual nails or pins there.

For pins and loose nails what used to be Fyfe Douglas, 119 Clepington road, Dundee, are your best local bet as they keep zinced pins too rather than just the bright steel (which rust quickly) that others offer.

Blog Entries

Thanks! Never thought of them.

Out sandbagging last night at a neighbours (no sniggering at the back!) and ditches all around the fields up this way are full. No sign of my hives being flooded yet but if this continues........

I thought that had been outlawed in Aberdeenshire? ... perhaps best not discuss this sort of thing on an open forum.

This arrived this morning ... barely recognised it.
    File 08-01-2016, 12 14 18.jpeg
    but, never fear, normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
    BBC_Weather_-_Collessie.jpg

Why can't I get access to the SBA website?. Seems tohave been offline for some time.

The site's been taken down after repeated and damaging hacking/attack. So work is in progress to restore it via a different platform, as I understand it. Not sure how long this will take.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    I thought that had been outlawed in Aberdeenshire? ... perhaps best not discuss this sort of thing on an open forum.

This arrived this morning ... barely recognised it.
    File 08-01-2016, 12 14 18.jpeg
    but, never fear, normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
    BBC_Weather_-_Collessie.jpg
    "Luckily" the rain turned to snow and it seems to have stopped the floods for now. Like you though we are expecting it to revert to rain this evening. I would not want to have hives in Kintore / Inverurie at the moment.

The sun did make an appearance here for a few hours this afternoon and it was bloody lovely ! Even saw a few intrepid bees venture out then nip back in.

That brief glimpse of sunshine reminded me I'll be grafting in as little as 4-5 months For those of us who needed the braille version of "Grafting for queen rearing" I discovered these rather trendy goggles on the BangGood site that DR has been advocating in the DIY thread ... de rigeur for any queen rearing course you run in 2016

8-Lens-10x-15x-20x-25x-Headband-2LED-Magnifier-Magnifying-Loupe-9892G-p-917247.html.jpg