Page 298 of 414 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Be sure you are getting what you expect with the Polish origin product. They are often made using a different process to most makers, I understand its often a type of casting rather than a pressure/vacuum moulding.

Not that its a big issue if you know how to handle both, but the product is a bit more fragile than that of some other makers, even though equally hard. Have had some where the outer surface is hard but when they break it turns out to have been just a skin and the beads in the interior, especially in thick and bulky areas, can just be a lot of loose beads that flow out. More 'biscuity' so need more careful handling. Perfectly functional in most situations though.

Quote Originally Posted by Calluna4u View Post
    Be sure you are getting what you expect with the Polish origin product....
    Thanks for that, interesting detail.

For myself, I've already decided that our first poly experiment will be with Swienty gear, I'd also be put off with national kit which didn't share the same footprint as the standard gear -although as I've intimated earlier I'd rather invest in langstroth boxes. ....but, my attention was caught by the possibility of using them as stand-alone twin nucs.

A word of warning: The Polish miniplus are NOT compatible with the German ones. Only a few millimeters of difference, but if makes it very difficult to use them together. So, use a single supplier only.

Bees continuing to fly strongly during the warm spells we've been having on a daily basis in the current strong northerly wind stream.I think I might have to start supplementary fondant feeding before christmas this year. I am getting my oxalic acid ready to "bleach the frame tops" - 5ml per frame should do it -nice clean hive ready for 2016 !

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY View Post
    Bees continuing to fly strongly during the warm spells we've been having on a daily basis in the current strong northerly wind stream.I think I might have to start supplementary fondant feeding before christmas this year. I am getting my oxalic acid ready to "bleach the frame tops" - 5ml per frame should do it -nice clean hive ready for 2016 !
    Just remember not to mention your " hive Cleaning " on any vet meds records.

No law says you MUST treat for varroa.. So you are treatment free.

Peterborough, and into the flatlands to the north and east ...

Nothing much happening today with the bees today, far too windy, wet and generally grotty.

So, a little time spent in the garage, to put another coat on a lift for a WBC I picked up at the association earlier in the year. Just three more lifts, a roof and base to go.

David

This is a little video discussing sugar syrup and invert sugar which was quite interesting
    If you don't have time just check 8:53 till 10:53

I assume you mean the bit where she states that no enzyme-catalyzed invert syrup is made anywhere in Europe, yes?

That's the part Pete
    I think she is making the case that if feeding has to be done then sugar syrup is the best option
    I can't afford the inverted stuff so its the only option in my case
    Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Drone Ranger; 01-12-2015 at 11:59 PM.