Page 241 of 414 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fatshark View Post
    Today I'll be laying the foundations for the repossession of my house, car, cat and family by visiting the trade stands at the BBKA Convention. I'm actually at Harper Adams for a meeting but, like a moth to a flame, will spiral into the exhibitors tent and my inevitable financial destruction.
    yes, lol, happens to me every time too....
    Some more junk that I will never really use that just steals more space....
    Then i have bouts of Beekeeping Minimalism- so have to find a noob beekeeper to gift my junk to. Luckily they are not in short supply

Extraordinary … managed to escape with a single purchase of something that I lacked and wanted (and was less than £15). I only saw the inside of a meeting room and the trade show - no talks or other events. The trade show looked really quiet. None of the unsightly ruck for bargains that used to happen at the Thorne's stand at Stoneleigh. Partly this is due to pre-ordering. However, in chats with a couple of commercial guys I know it's clear that BeeTradex is getting a lot of business. I assume tomorrow will be busier. Didn't look to me that there were too many 'too good to miss' bargains on the stands. Good to see some friends there.

Extraordinary … managed to escape with a single purchase of something that I lacked and wanted
    That's good news. I wasn't too worried about your house or car being repossessed, but for it to have happened to the cat would have been very unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    That's good news. I wasn't too worried about your house or car being repossessed, but for it to have happened to the cat would have been very unfair.
    Unfortunately my statement hid an unpleasant truth. My cat is already possessed. Totally psycho ...
    I bought the new E.M. Thorne home exorcism kit (flatpack).

Unfortunately my statement hid an unpleasant truth. My cat is already possessed. Totally psycho ...
    No no! Didn't you know that cats are perfect, but some have owners that don't understand them!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

My two survivors are coming along, neither strong enough to do much with the OSR in the field next door. Given the weather wasn't brilliant I did a quick check of the nuc which is now up to two frames of brood and made do with just popping the crown board on the national and judging the number of bees (about half the hive) both have foundation frames so I think I'll basically leave them to it in terms of inspecting now until I see them start to be drawn.

Fatshark thank you for the cat advice it made me laugh out loud
    Mrs DR thought I had won the lottery -- she was disappointed-- that made it all the funnier

Our cat, which art in heaven, was also possessed, so now perhaps with his eccentric ways and unpredictable biting he will be reincarnated as a lion (which was something he always aspired to be)

Blog Entries

I used this in a talk on swarm control last week.

delusion cat lion.jpg

Hives onto OSR last Thursday.......2.5 inches of snow on Sunday. Nice work weather gods. All gone now but still chilly out.

To be honest if it retards the OSR flowering I'm hoping its not a bad thing as every day flowering is delayed is another day brood is hatching and new foragers are graduating. Is that sound logic ?

Needed the rain as well - very dry up here over past month.

Quick question - I have a nuc about 2km from this OSR field. I want to move them straight onto it but standard thinking means flying bees might pop back to original site. I'm willing to risk it if people think that it should be okay ?