Page 229 of 414 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Quote Originally Posted by busybeephilip View Post
    do you dip or roll the blanks?
    I make wax tablets, Phil, usually eighteen inches long (460mm) These i make 8mm thick, and then lots of them are stacked into a thermostatically controlled heated water tank, a few hours before being embossed, each tablet produces approx 14 to 15 ft of foundation when embossed, depending on exact thickness and length of tablet used of course.

Blog Entries

Ahh, we think alike, I do similar with an old grant waterbath, but i get a shorter foundation length, I make mine 2.4 - 2.5 mm thick (same as thornnnes) this gives 8 std brood to the pound, cut 2-3 sheets at a time with a stanley knife and ply template. I'd love to get a drone base but they are just to expensive now and i dont think thoornes do them any more.

Yes, i would also like some drone base embossing rollers.

I did knock up another wiring board last month, one for doing the W pattern type wiring into the foundation, much quicker than the old board, which I've had for many years, and was second hand when i got it.

I've had this brainwave to set up a Youtube channel and over the course of the season film my beekeeping activities. One of the things I wanted to do was film the bees on as many types of forage as possible. Today I started off with the classic....snowdrops! Please forgive my naff commentary - most embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    Please forgive my naff commentary - most embarrassing!
    ****applause!****

Your commentary isn't naff, it's great.
    More please!

You're being far too kind there Castor but I appreciate it!

All four of my colonies flying strongly today; snowdrops out across the churchyard a big draw. Jon may like to hear this news.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drumgerry View Post
    I've had this brainwave to set up a Youtube channel and over the course of the season film my beekeeping activities.
    Over the next couple of months I'll be moving to a more civilized place where I'll be able to access broadband, and for the first time be able to watch videos. I look forward to watching your films. Especially if your spoken word is as sharp as your written one ;-)

Hi Chris thanks for the compliment...I think! I suspect the written word has more of a cutting edge but I'm working on it. Good luck with your move and the getting of a decent internet connection. Our broadband is barely worthy of the term but there's lots of fibre optic cables being put in around here so we'll be on superfast soon! Now that I am looking forward to.

Blog Entries

Lovely video for the traditional February 'bees on snowdrops' theme. To encourage Chris to get a move on, there's an intriguing accent to discover with the video. Where did you find that?