Page 202 of 414 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 4137

Thread: todays news

Went to check the apiary........police armed response unit doing drills with machine guns 20m from hives. Wee bit put out the security guard didn't mention it as I drove into the site.

Hopefully the hives wont be riddled with bullets when I go back tommorrow. Ho hum.

Blog Entries

Wow! Don't suppose you managed to sneak a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by gavin View Post
    Wow! Don't suppose you managed to sneak a picture?
    I was too busy reversing at speed (well as much speed as my car can muster) !

Quote Originally Posted by greengumbo View Post
    I was too busy reversing at speed (well as much speed as my car can muster) !
    Tried again today and was told to just carry on at the hives. Was fairly entertaining to be looking at frames whilst hearing constant "stop police, put your hands where I can see them GET OUT THE CAR!!" every ten minutes as they all had a go at stopping terrorists.

Bees were grand with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greengumbo View Post
    Tried again today and was told to just carry on at the hives. Was fairly entertaining to be looking at frames whilst hearing constant "stop police, put your hands where I can see them GET OUT THE CAR!!" every ten minutes as they all had a go at stopping terrorists.

Bees were grand with it.
    No bullet holes then? I used to have a super with air rifle pellets embedded in it. Long before my time, I got it secondhand.

Back off to Colonsay today. Keeping everything crossed for a bit better weather. Andrew recons he hasn't had the weather this year - overcast and sea mist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLY View Post
    Back off to Colonsay today. Keeping everything crossed for a bit better weather. Andrew recons he hasn't had the weather this year - overcast and sea mist.
    Give him warm greetings from his supporters on SBAi! Some of his stock will be contributing to the collaborative breeding effort we've started in east central Scotland.

Blog Entries

Weather's perfect on the west coast just now ... and I'm on the East Coast for the Portsoy trad boat festival and it's cold and windy ... and going to be wet tomorrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    Weather's perfect on the west coast just now ... and I'm on the East Coast for the Portsoy trad boat festival and it's cold and windy ... and going to be wet tomorrow
    The bees are hungry and tetchy in this bit of the east. I squirrelled away a box full of OSR deep frames ('for the winter') and I've just put them all out into 3-5 frame nucs to keep them going until the weather and forage improves.

On the edge of a mature pine forest, Kingussie, Inverness-shire

Reporting back on the ants setting up home on the crown board - no sign since I scattered cinnamon on it. Result

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk