Page 2 of 414 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: todays news

Hi Grizzly
    In the words of the song "I can't dance don't ask me"!

Bees well out here today - in the mid afternoon but chasd back in by rain! Tomorrow Thursday is looking good 12 C! We'll see!

Eric

all bees flying at last and pollen going in . and just in case I was nt sure saw one bee busy packing her legs on a crocus ...yeeees

grrrrrrrrrrrr cold and wet again

All Colonies flying well today despite the cold.Getting back to the hive with pollen.They've still got plenty of stores although I'll keep an eye on them just to make sure.

Whins realy coming into flower and won't be long before our 240 willow trees are flowering.Everything else is well into bud and will be adding to the early stores.Colonies seem very strong this year unlike last when the prolongued cold kept the queens egg laying suppressed.Got to keep an eye on hive space to keep a check on early swarming!.Might have to Demaree later on perhaps.

Still cold but lots of activity. Plenty of stores to finish yet-hives quite heavy when hefted.How are the colonies further north getting on??

Quite cold yet in Central Scotland Some activity when the temp. gets up a bit and bringing in some light green pollen(think its the alder catkins)but very few days when there out.Not much blooming here at the moment

Blog Entries

We had a glorious day here today, sunshine from dawn to dusk.
    The nucs at the bottom of the garden were bringing in pollen first thing with the temperature around 6c.
    I noticed a willow tree just 20 feet away in a neighbour's garden was covered in yellow catkins and the bees were all over it.

Blog Entries

15°C today, checked 15 colonies, sold another three only three to check tomorrow. Lovely day. The bees were even finding nectar from somewhere.

Well i'm still under a foot of snow. No activity that i can see, although when i opened them up a few weeks ago when we had the short warm spell i had eggs in one colony.